OpenALPR is a growing team of professionals working to make License Plate Recognition highly accurate and affordable. We help law enforcement make the world a safer place, and we enable enterprises to create exciting new capabilities through the use of Artificially Intelligent automation.
Why Join OpenALPR?
Working at OpenALPR means joining a productive, ambitious team, where independence and flexibility are both valued and expected. Your contributions have a direct impact on decisions we make today, as well as our strategic vision for the future. You can be proud of the work you do and that your efforts are valued.
Top reasons to work for OpenALPR:
- Your co-workers are helpful and talented professionals who are motivated to see you and the company succeed.
- Work from anywhere. No long commutes here! Travel for fun, not just for a job.
- Your schedule is your own. Flex your work hours to what works for the business and your work style
- Everyone works remote, but you won’t feel isolated. You will interact regularly with the Founder and other team members.
- Our product is recognized as a necessary security tool for our customers. Work on a product that matters.
- We focus on results, not a time clock. Have a life outside of work and avoid the burn out that comes with a typical schedule.
The Sales Manager is responsible for representing OpenALPR with end users and established channels for all revenue generating activities within your territory. You will focus on hunting and creating new opportunities within accounts that have not had any exposure to OpenALPR or our solutions. Additionally, you will be a product expert and main point of contact for the Channel as they present our solutions to their clients. Qualified individuals will excel at generating new opportunities and should have a history of achieving or overachieving against their goals.
Day to Day
- You will develop a strong understanding of the LPR market, and how and where it’s utilized within your territory
- You will call on State, County, and Local law enforcement agencies, and should have a clear understanding of how decisions are made within each
- Prospect daily to uncover new opportunities and generate new sales cycles
- Present through web meetings and in person to decision-makers in a way that best represents the value of our solution
- Understand your clients' processes, use cases, and pain points to best position OpenALPR solutions to meet their needs.
- Interact daily with channel reps to ensure OpenALPR stays top of mind
- Record all daily activities and meetings within Salesforce CRM
- Most importantly, convert opportunities into closed business
- Bachelors degree with a high level of technical aptitude or background
- 3-5 years of software sales experience, preferably in the physical security or life safety solution markets
- At least 1 year of experience working in a remote organization
- A history or selling direct to end users as well as through Channels
- Experience selling into the SLED market
- Experience working within Salesforce CRM
- Bachelors degree
- 3 years of sales experience
- Documented history of achievement against quota
- Ideally located in the Baltimore, MD Metro region
- U.S. Citizenship
The Full-Stack Engineer integrates OpenALPR's deep-learning capabilities into products useful for end-users. The engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of OpenALPR's software platforms, applications, and features. You will proactively participate in every aspect of the software development lifecycle including design, implementation, test design, test implementation, optimization, and delivery utilizing the latest technologies.
- Develop OpenALPR real-time LPR agent software (C++) on Linux and Windows
- Develop software to improve the efficiency of a team of data-entry specialists to accurately annotate license plate images.
- Integrate improved machine learning models into latest software
- Deploy new software upgrades via automated Continuous Integration using Docker
- Integrate with front-end upgrades to web services written in Python/Django
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, CIS, MIS or a related technical field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering and development
- 2+ years of back-end development experience including C/C++ and Python
- Prior experience using Git/Github, preferably contributing to open-source projects
- Strong experience with Linux
- Prior experience working with data science, machine learning, or computer vision
- Experience with Docker and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus
- The qualified candidate must be fluent in English and may be based anywhere in the world